Capitola, CA – February 6, 2013 –
Santa Cruz, CA – The Central Coast Small Business Development Center has announced the schedule for this year's Small Business Brown Bag workshops; a series of ten, hour-long classes designed to support small businesses. The classes are a collaborative effort between the SBDC, the Santa Cruz Downtown Association, the City of Santa Cruz, Think Local First, NextSpace, SCORE, the Santa Cruz Public Library, and sponsor Bay Federal Credit Union.
Classes are free of charge and will be held on the second Thursday of the month from 11:45 AM – 1:00 PM in the upstairs meeting room of the Santa Cruz Public Library at 224 Church Street. Pre-registration is recommended but not required. To register, visit www.santacruzpl.org/brownbags or call the SBDC at 479-6136
- February 14 – Customer Loyalty Programs: Keep Them Coming In!
- March 14 – The New Kitchen Cottage Bill: Produce Your Own Specialty Foods for Profit
- April 11 – Your On-line Cash Register: New Tech Tools for Instant Sales
- May 9 – Easy Website Development: The Basics of WordPress
- June 13 – Email Marketing Programs: Boost Your Sales, Stay in Touch with Customers
- July 11 Sell to the World, Part I: E-Bay Basics
- August 8 – Sell to the World, Part II: Etsy, Shopify & Other Sites to Expand Your Markets
- September 12 – Your Online Reputation: How to Establish, Nurture & Protect it
- October 10 – Using Your Advertising Dollars Wisely: Broadcast, Print, & Web - Which is Best for You?
- November 14 – Intellectual Property Protection: The Basics of Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights
ABOUT THE CENTRAL COAST SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER:
The Central Coast SBDC at Cabrillo College offers a wide variety of services for current and potential small business owners by providing quality management and technical assistance, employee retention support, expansion and development planning support, education resources, and more. All business counseling services are confidential and free of charge. www.centralcoastsbdc.org
ABOUT BAY FEDERA:
Bay Federal is a full-service financial institution that serves over 55,000 members and 1,000 local businesses throughout Santa Cruz, San Benito and Monterey Counties. With over $600 million in assets, Bay Federal Credit Union is the largest member-owned financial institution in Santa Cruz County, serving its members and the community since 1957. Bay Federal supports many local schools and nonprofit organizations. For 8 consecutive years, 100% of their employees have given their own time and money to support the community.
Amy Ivey, AVP Marketing and Development, Bay Federal Credit Union