4/15/2015: The results are in….. Bay Federal Credit Union has earned the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” designation! Over 500 applicants, the largest pool of entrants ever, were considered by the nomination committee. Only 132 were selected, and Bay Federal Credit Union was among them! Even better yet, we were the ONLY business recognized from Santa Cruz County, and the only Credit Union named as a finalist!
Here’s how the numbers stacked up:
- Bay Federal was named the 15th Best Place to Work among mid-sized companies (100-249 employees) out of 25 businesses in the category.
- We scored 91.56 total points out of 100. Only 5.14 points separated us from first place!
- We outranked large regional/national banks also included in the finalists list:
- Umpqua Bank, based in Roseburg, Oregon, scored 87.89 or 19th in the large company category (250-999 employees)
- Wells Fargo, based in San Francisco, scored 82.33 or 17th in the largest company category (1,000 or more employees).
Our employees are committed and dedicated in serving one another, our membership and the community. Together, we are making a real difference! Interested in joining our team? Check out our current openings!
About Bay Federal Credit Union
Bay Federal is a full-service, not-for-profit financial institution that serves over 59,000 members and 1,000 local businesses throughout Santa Cruz, San Benito and Monterey Counties. With over $725 million in assets, Bay Federal Credit Union is the largest member-owned financial institution in Santa Cruz County, serving its members and the community since 1957. Since 2002, 100% of all employees have given their own money and volunteered for numerous local schools, nonprofit organizations, and community events.
Contact: Amy Ivey, VP Marketing and Development
Bay Federal Credit Union