Capitola, CA – February 17, 2016 – Bay Federal Credit Union’s President and CEO, Carrie Birkhofer, has announced the recipients of the Credit Union’s 2015 Employee Awards.
Sharine Martin, Scotts Valley Branch Service Manager; Janice Bunao, River Street Branch Manager; and Laura Simmons, Deposit Servicing and Compliance Specialist, were lauded with the organization’s esteemed Service Excellence Award. This award honors employees who consistently provide exceptional service and embody the organization’s values. Selected from among the Credit Union’s 212 employees, Martin, Bunao, and Simmons were first nominated by peers and then evaluated by past winners.
Among many contributions, Martin stepped in as the interim manager of the Member Service Center during the rollout of the Credit Union’s new online banking platform. Bunao often came in on her days off to help team members, and she even drove to an ill member when the member was unable to travel to the branch. Simmons was instrumental in rolling out the new online banking platform and in the Credit Union’s merger with the Santa Cruz County Employees Credit Union.
“We offer our congratulations and sincere appreciation to these outstanding team members,” Birkhofer said. “They have raised the bar with their commitment to exceptional member service.”
The Credit Union also recognized the efforts and contributions of 11 other team members.
Complete 2015 Employee Honors:
- Service Excellence Awards — Sharine Martin, Janice Bunao, and Laura Simmons
- Efficiency Award (Finance) — Raymond Deip
- Efficiency Award (Technology) — Tara Brown
- Efficiency Award (Human Resources) — Cara Holbrook
- Efficiency Award (Loan Services) — Jen Campagnolo
- Sales & Service Award for Financial Service (Auto Loans) — Lupita Reyna
- Sales & Service Award for Financial Service (Home Loans, Insurance) — Wimala Brown
- Sales & Service Award for Member Service Representative — Marissa Ledesma
- Sales & Service Award for Service Manager — Mariela Saldana
- Sales & Service Award for AVP/Branch Manager — Manny Escarcega
- Sales & Service Award for Home Loans Production — David Torres
- Sales & Service Award for Indirect Lending — Venus Blake
About Bay Federal Credit Union
Bay Federal is a full-service, not-for-profit financial institution that serves more than 60,000 members and 1,000 local businesses throughout Santa Cruz, San Benito, and Monterey counties. With more than $750 million in assets, Bay Federal Credit Union is the largest member-owned financial institution in Santa Cruz County, serving its members and the community since 1957. Since 2002, 100% of all employees have given their own money and volunteered for numerous local schools, nonprofit organizations, and community events.
Contact: Amy Ivey, VP Marketing and Development
Bay Federal Credit Union