Joey Coffman, Frank Sanchez Earn Top Honors
Capitola, CA - February 27, 2019 - Bay Federal Credit Union recently honored its top performing employees and announced the winners of its Service Excellence Award for 2018.
The Service Excellence Award, Bay Federal’s most prestigious award for employees, was awarded to Joey Coffman, Technology Services Manager, and Frank Sanchez, Service Manager of Bay Federal’s Santa Cruz branch. Each were nominated by their peers and then selected by a group of past winners.
The Service Excellence Award goes to team members who consistently provide exceptional member service, live Bay Federal’s values of people helping people, and exemplify its mission of making a real difference in the
financial lives of its members.
“Joey and Frank live and breathe our Bay Federal values,” said Carrie Birkhofer, President and CEO of Bay Federal Credit Union. “Their positive energy is contagious, and they truly care about the work they do, our membership, and share Bay Federal’s commitment to community.”
During 2018, Mr. Coffman’s work ethic and strong attention to detail led to significant progress in the Credit Union’s technology and efficiencies. He is also a constant presence in Bay Federal’s events in the community.
Mr. Sanchez was a major part of the Santa Cruz branch’s remodel in 2018, guiding his branch to keep the location running and serving its members without skipping a beat during the construction process.
In addition to the Service Excellence Award, Bay Federal recognized 11 other outstanding employees that contributed to the success of the Credit Union, both on the front lines and in the back office. There were also awards given to 2 employees who submitted ideas that would improve the efficiency of the Credit Union.
There was also a Special Recognition Award given to Judy Meyers, President of Coast-Tel in Salinas, now a Division of Bay Federal. Ms. Meyers was recognized for her lifetime of service in the cooperative spirit of the Credit Union. Ms. Meyers recently celebrated her 50th year of service at Coast-Tel.
Bay Federal’s 2018 Award Winners:
- Service Excellence – Joey Coffman, Technology Services Manager
- Service Excellence – Frank Sanchez, Santa Cruz Branch Service Manager
- Sales and Service, Branch Manager – Nikki Correa, Capitola Branch
- Sales and Service, Service Manager – Raquel Opiana, Capitola Branch
- Sales and Service, Home Loan Consultant – David Torres, Lead Home Loan Consultant
- Sales and Service, Deepening Member Relationships - Joseph Brito, Capitola Branch
- Sales and Service, Member Experience – Denise Gomez, Capitola Branch
- Sales and Service, Auto Loan Production - Adrian Vargas, Capitola Branch
- Sales and Service, Mortgage Applications – Wimala Brown, Capitola Branch
- Sales and Service, Member Service Center - Gerry Mendoza, Group Lead Specialist
- Offstage Service – Allyson Stengl, AVP Consumer Lending
- Offstage Service – Danny Daniels, Senior Network Engineer
- Offstage Service – Anna Ladas, Senior Systems Analyst
- Bay Ideas – Emily Nieters, Deposit Servicing and Support Specialist
- Bay Ideas – Christina Gullickson, Marketing Specialist
- Special Recognition – Judy Meyers, President, Coast-Tel Division
Photo Caption: Bay Federal Credit Union’s President and CEO Carrie Birkhofer (center) celebrates with Joey Coffman (left) and Frank Sanchez after Mr. Coffman and Mr. Sanchez won their Service Excellence Awards in Monterey, Calif.,
About Bay Federal Credit Union
Bay Federal is a full-service, not-for-profit financial institution that serves more than 73,000 members and 1,200 local businesses throughout Santa Cruz, San Benito, and Monterey counties. With more than $996 million in assets, Bay Federal Credit Union is the largest member-owned financial institution in Santa Cruz County, serving its members and the community since 1957. Bay Federal Credit Union has an award-winning employee volunteer program in which employees have given their own money and volunteer for numerous local schools, nonprofit organizations, and community events each year.
Contact: Amy Ivey, VP Marketing and Development
Bay Federal Credit Union