Record 29 Employees Honored for Outstanding Performance in 2019
Capitola, CA – January 29, 2020 – Bay Federal Credit Union recently honored its top performing employees and announced the winner of its Service Excellence Award for 2019.
The Service Excellence Award, Bay Federal’s most prestigious award for employees, was awarded to Mindy Cinelli, Education & Development Manager. She was nominated by her peers and was selected by a group of past winners. The Service Excellence Award goes to team members who consistently provide exceptional member service, live Bay Federal’s values of people helping people, and exemplify its mission of making a real difference in the financial lives of its members.
“Mindy’s commitment to Bay Federal’s values is an inspiration to all of our employees,” said Carrie Birkhofer, Bay Federal’s President and CEO. “She truly cares about the work she does, builds relationships with the employees she educates and inspires, and is a shining example of our commitment to our community.”
In addition to managing Bay Federal’s education and training team, Mrs. Cinelli also leads the Credit Union’s award-winning employee volunteer program in which employees donated and raised over $85,000 to local organizations.
The Credit Union also announced a record 29 employee honors for 2019, including new categories that reflect Bay Federal’s One and Done philosophy, their strategy of Engagement, Empowerment, and Experience, and a new Rookie of the Year category for employees who have made a lasting impact in their first year of employment.
Bay Federal also revamped their annual Sales and Service awards to include new categories such as a Member Hero and Member Experience Champion Award to highlight employees who go above and beyond to serve the membership of the Credit Union.
Bay Federal’s 2019 Award Winners:
- Service Excellence – Mindy Cinelli, Education & Development Manager
- Sales and Service, Member Hero – Mauricio Samano, Member Relationship Specialist, Watsonville Branch
- Sales and Service, Member Hero – Melanie Otts, Member Support Specialist, Member Service Center
- Sales and Service, Sales Super Star – Adrian Vargas, Financial Service Officer, Capitola Branch
- Sales and Service, Sales Super Star – Elsa Limas, Financial Service Officer, Santa Cruz Branch
- Sales and Service, Sales Super Star – Patrick Beaver, Home Loan Consultant
- Sales and Service, Service Manager – Kevin Fischer, Scotts Valley Branch
- Sales and Service, Branch Manager – Janice Bunao, Freedom Branch
- Sales and Service, Member Experience Champions – Aptos Branch Staff
- Rookie of the Year – Michelle Hicks, Facilities Representative
- Rookie of the Year – Camac Serna, Home Loan Consultant
- One and Done Service Award – Nick Babcock, Deposit Servicing & Support Specialist
- One and Done Service Award – Raelene Rodriguez, Member Services Specialist, Santa Cruz Branch
- 3E (Engagement, Empowerment and Experience) Ambassadors:
- Josie Daly, Consumer Lending Specialist
- Paul Henry, Deposit Production Specialist
- Katie Saffaie, Process Architect
- Micah Arnold, Facilities Project Coordinator
- Joey Miranda, Human Resources Administrator
- Tori Bohnett, Digital Marketing Specialist
- Gerry Mendoza, Member Service Center Lead Specialist
- Jennifer Vazquez, Risk Management Analyst
- Jack Baldwin, Senior Software Engineer
- Alex Shehab, Education & Development Specialist
- BayIdea Award – Micky Brown, Card Services Specialist
- BayIdea Award – Keri Boxer-Sosbee, Loan Services Specialist
- Community Champion Awards:
- Angela Harden, Facilities Supervisor
- Carla Ramirez, Member Services Specialist, Freedom Branch
- Dawn Wingert, Enterprise Program Manager
About Bay Federal Credit Union
Bay Federal is a full-service, not-for-profit financial institution that serves over 78,000 members and 1,200 local businesses throughout Santa Cruz, San Benito, and Monterey counties. With more than $1.1 billion in assets, Bay Federal Credit Union is the largest member-owned financial institution in Santa Cruz County, serving its members and the community since 1957. Bay Federal Credit Union has an award-winning employee volunteer program in which employees have given their own money and volunteer for numerous local schools, nonprofit organizations, and community events each year.
Contact: Amy Ivey, VP, Marketing & Development
Bay Federal Credit Union
Caption: Bay Federal Credit Union’s President and CEO Carrie Birkhofer (left) celebrates with Mindy Cinelli after her Service Excellence Award win in Santa Cruz, Calif.