Record 33 Employees Honored for Outstanding Performance in 2020
Capitola, CA – February 18, 2021 – Bay Federal Credit Union recently honored its top performing employees and announced the winner of its Service Excellence Award for 2020.
The Service Excellence Award, Bay Federal’s most prestigious award for employees, was awarded to Allyson Stengl, Assistant Vice President of Consumer Lending. She was nominated by her peers and was selected by a group of past winners. The Service Excellence Award goes to team members who consistently provide exceptional member service, live Bay Federal’s values of people helping people, and exemplify its mission of making a real difference in the financial lives of its members.
“Allyson is the perfect mix of professional, caring, responsible, innovative, and humble,” said Carrie Birkhofer, Bay Federal’s President and CEO. “She is passionate about what the credit union stands for, is loyal to our mission and vision, and has an incredible drive to create and deliver new services as needed. She also makes sure that members’ needs are met and delivered with a great experience.”
The credit union also announced a record 33 employee honors for 2020, including new categories such as the “Wind Beneath our Wings” award, which celebrates the collaboration between Bay Federal’s back office departments and their frontline branch staff, the “BayIDEAs” award, which recognizes staff members who submit their new and innovative ideas to improve the external and internal member experience, and the “PACIFIC Spirit” award, which honors employees who not only represent the values of the Credit Union, but demonstrate constant dedication, initiative, and a positive attitude to those they support and with whom they interact.
Bay Federal also continued their tradition of honoring their Sales and Service Award winners through their Member Hero Awards and Sales Super Star Awards, recognizing branch employees who have demonstrated consistently outstanding member service. They also honored the top performing employees at their Service Supervisor, Service Manager, and Branch Manager positions.
Bay Federal’s 2020 Award Winners:
- Service Excellence – Allyson Stengl, Assistant Vice President of Consumer Lending
- Member Experience Champions Award – Bay Federal’s Aptos Branch
- Member Hero Award - Briannie Romero, Member Services Specialist, Watsonville Branch
- Member Hero Award – Brenda Pringle, Member Service Center Support Specialist
- Sales Super Star Award – Adrian Vargas, Financial Service Officer, Capitola Branch
- Sales Super Star Award – Yesenia Alvarez, Home Loan Consultant
- Service Supervisor Award – Albert Vizcarra, Salinas Branch
- Service Manager Award – Mirella Gutierrez, Salinas Branch
- Assistant Vice President/Branch Manager Award – Frank Sanchez, Santa Cruz Branch
- Rookie of the Year Award – Jeff Heitmann, Business Relationship Manager
- Rookie of the Year Award – Philippe Neville, Senior Financial Analyst
- Rookie of the Year Award – Vanessa Santos, Member Services Specialist, Santa Cruz Branch
- One and Done Service Award – Jennifer Vazquez, Risk Management Analyst
- One and Done Service Award – Michelle Hicks, Facilities Project Coordinator
- BayIDEAs Award – Tara Brown, Project Manager
- BayIDEAs Collaborator Club – Kelsey Robinson, Education and Development Specialist
- Wind Beneath Our Wings Award – Edith Galindo, Member Service Center Manager
- Wind Beneath Our Wings Award – Mindy Cinelli, Education & Development Manager
- Wind Beneath Our Wings Award – Tamara Harrington, Accounting Manager
- Community Champion Award – Mauricio Samano, Member Relationship Specialist, Watsonville Branch
- Community Champion Award – Barney Ayala, Lead Member Services Specialist, Watsonville Branch
- Community Champion Award – Carolyn McGlenn-Newton, Marketing and Events Specialist
- 3E (Engagement, Empowerment and Experience) Ambassadors:
- Kristene Davis, Loss Mitigation Specialist
- Angela Huezo, Consumer Loan Processor
- Mandy Williams, Consumer Lending Assistant Manager
- Sue Siudzinski, Loan Servicing Manager
- Alyssa Flowers, Risk Management Assistant
- Nat Leyva, Service Desk Specialist
- Kaila Sneed, Business Analyst – Operations
- Jen Campagnolo, Senior Loan Services Specialist
About Bay Federal Credit Union
Bay Federal is a full-service, not-for-profit financial institution that serves over 78,000 members and 2,400 local businesses throughout Santa Cruz, San Benito, and Monterey counties. With more than $1.4 billion in assets, Bay Federal Credit Union is the largest member-owned financial institution in Santa Cruz County, serving its members and the community since 1957. Bay Federal Credit Union has an award-winning culture, including a volunteer program in which employees donate and volunteer for numerous local schools, nonprofit organizations, and community events each year.
Contact: Amy Ivey, VP, Marketing & Development
Bay Federal Credit Union
Allyson Stengl, Assistant Vice President of Consumer Lending, with her 2020 Service Excellence Award trophy.