Middle and high school students, college students, and young adults
Savings Accounts, Checking Accounts, and More for ages 13-22
Bay Federal helps high school and college students, grads, and young adults establish responsible saving and spending habits with their own accounts.
- FREE until your 23rd Birthday! Your savings and checking accounts will not be subject to minimum balance requirements or monthly fees until you turn 23. After that, we can show you how to maintain your accounts without fees. It’s easy!
- Open a new savings account with as little as $5, and a checking account for as little as $50.
- Your Bay Federal VISA Debit Card can be used to withdraw cash and and deposit money to your Bay Federal accounts without a fee at thousands of CO-OP ATM Network ATMs across the U.S. Use the CO-OP ATM Locator mobile app to find free ATMs at college, while traveling, or wherever you happen to be.
- BayFedOnline mobile banking allows you to check your accounts, transfer money, pay bills, and track your spending from your computer or mobile device.
- When you are at least 18 years old, you can apply for your first VISA Credit Card and Auto Loan with Bay Federal.
Build the financial-capability skills you’ll need to make good decisions about money and credit throughout your life.
- SmartAboutMoney.org – Information and tools to help with everything from daily money decisions to dealing with emergencies. From the National Endowment for Financial Education.
- FeedThePig.org – Learn to manage money, master credit and debt, and plan ahead for your solid financial future. From the American Institute of CPAs and The Advertising Council. [www.feedthepig.org]
- 360degrees of Financial Literacy – Get an answer to just about any financial question on this website from the AICPA.