If your company offers direct deposit, all you need to do is provide your payroll representative with the following information to have your paycheck automatically deposited into your Bay Federal account:
- Bay Federal Credit Union 3333 Clares Street Capitola, CA 95010
- ABA/Routing and Transit Number: 321177706
- Your eight-digit checking account number. You account number can easily be found in BayFedOnline under Account Details.
Eligible members can deposit a check using Check Deposit on the BayFed Mobile App, or My Deposit in BayFedOnline, thanks to a technology called Remote Deposit Capture.
How to make a check deposit in BayFedOnline:
- Select the Additional Services tab, then My Deposit. You can then upload .jpeg images of the front and back of a single check to complete your deposit.
How to make a check deposit in the BayFed Mobile App:
- Select Check Deposit at the bottom of the screen and follow the prompts to complete your deposit.
Deposits that will not be accepted:
- Third-party checks
- Foreign Checks
- Altered Checks
- Incomplete Items
- Non-negotiable Items
- Non-readable or non-visible MICR line items (the numbers at the bottom of checks)
- Deposits from the same account that the deposit is crediting
- Deposits that would cause the same account to be debited more than once for the same item
Important: The deposit of any of the above items is prohibited. Deposits of this nature may result in the immediate revocation of this service and may subject you to collection efforts.
Please note that deposits made through Remote Deposit Capture technology may not be immediately available for withdrawal, electronic payments, or check writing. Deposits made through this service are subject to delays and may be delayed further by check holds applied after receipt. Please refer to our Electronic Services Disclosure for more information.
Limits are $5,525 per day, per member. Effective April 1, 2021, availability of mobile deposits is updated hourly with a minimum of $600 made available on the day of your deposit. Remaining funds will be available within two business days.
If you are re-ordering checks, you may do so in BayFedOnline:
- Under Additional Services, select Check Re-Order.
- Choose the checking account you wish to order checks on, select Continue.
- You are taken to the Deluxe website to complete the order. You can change your design, font, checkbook cover, and quantity. When complete, make another selection at the top of the online banking screen to get back to your accounts.
Checks cannot be ordered in the BayFed Mobile app.
Standard check holds still apply to remote deposits.
You should always confirm that your remotely deposited checks have been credited to your account and are available for use before attempting to withdraw funds from your account, write checks against the funds, or schedule electronic payments from your account.
Yes. Bay Federal has high security standards and systems in place to keep your sensitive banking information safe.
Under the Additional Services tab you will see an option for Check Stop Payment. Select this option and fill in the necessary information. Or, to stop payment on an ACH transfer, go to the Secure Forms tab and select ACH Stop Payment Request. You will then be asked to fill in the necessary information.