Eligible members can deposit a check using Check Deposit on the BayFed Mobile App, or My Deposit in BayFedOnline, thanks to a technology called Remote Deposit Capture.
How to make a check deposit in BayFedOnline:
- Select the Additional Services tab, then My Deposit. You can then upload .jpeg images of the front and back of a single check to complete your deposit.
How to make a check deposit in the BayFed Mobile App:
- On an iPhone, select Check Deposit at the bottom of the screen and follow the prompts to complete your deposit.
- On an Android, tap the menu icon in the top left of your screen and then tap Check Deposit. Follow the prompts to complete your deposit.
Deposits that will not be accepted:
- Third-party checks
- Foreign Checks
- Altered Checks
- Incomplete Items
- Non-negotiable Items
- Non-readable or non-visible MICR line items (the numbers at the bottom of checks)
- Deposits from the same account that the deposit is crediting
- Deposits that would cause the same account to be debited more than once for the same item
Important: The deposit of any of the above items is prohibited. Deposits of this nature may result in the immediate revocation of this service and may subject you to collection efforts.
Please note that deposits made through Remote Deposit Capture technology may not be immediately available for withdrawal, electronic payments, or check writing. Deposits made through this service are subject to delays and may be delayed further by check holds applied after receipt. Please refer to our Electronic Services Disclosure for more information.