Income Strategies: 6 Steps to Planning Your Retirement
For many retired Americans, finding assets to cover everyday expenses can be a challenging endeavor. Making sure you have a defined strategy ahead of time can assist in making your transition to retirement go smoothly and help you better enjoy your newfound leisure time.
Understanding your lifestyle plans, identifying your income streams, and documenting your spending needs are all a part of proper retirement planning. Consider these six steps in preparing for your own retirement:
- Design a personal retirement plan.
- Review your essential and discretionary expenses.
- Evaluate your sources of retirement income.
- Identify and examine any potential disparities between planned income and expenses in retirement.
- Position your assets to help generate income and identify other potential income sources.
- Complete a Personal Assessment to help organize your finances and prioritize your needs. Bring this completed worksheet with you to a complimentary appointment with one our LPL* Financial Advisors to help you strategize your retirement!
*Securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. Bay Federal Credit Union and Investment Services at Bay Federal Credit Union are not registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using Investment Services at Bay Federal Credit Union, and may also be employees of Bay Federal Credit Union. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, Bay Federal Credit Union or Investment Services at Bay Federal Credit Union. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
|Not Insured by NCUA or Any Other Government Agency
||Not Credit Union Guaranteed
||Not Credit Union Deposits or Obligations
||May Lose Value
The LPL Financial Registered Representatives associated with this site may only discuss and/or transact securities business with residents of the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, DC, HI, ID, IN, MA, MN, MT, NC, NM, NV, NY, OK, OR, SD, TN, TX, and WA.